How to make matchaTo start there are two ways to prepare matcha:
- Koicha: thick matcha. Has a consistency similar to runny honey. Smoother and sweeter than Usucha.
- Usucha: thin matcha. Is made of any kind of matcha, though higher qualities are preferred to obtain a proper cup.
How to prepare Usucha tea?
- Warm the bowl: Pour hot water into the bowl to roughly a third of its volume, then dip just the prongs of the whisk in the water (chasen). When the bowl is warm enough, tip out the water and dry the bowl with a clean towel.
- Place 2 spoons of matcha (around 2 gr.) in the bowl, using the bamboo spoon. It is best to sieve the powder first to eliminate lumps.
- Pour around 80 ml hot water (65-75°C / 150-170°F) into the bowl.
- Hold the bowl in one hand and, with the other, beat the mixture sharply with a whisk, in a W shape, until it forms a smooth foam. The Matcha is now ready to drink.
How to Prepare Koicha Matcha tea?
- Warm the bowl: Pour hot water into the bowl to roughly a third of its volume, then dip just the prongs of the whisk (chasen) in the water. When the bowl is warm enough, tip out the water and dry the bowl with a clean towel.
- Place 4 spoons of matcha (around 4 gr.) in the bowl, using the bamboo spoon. You are strongly advised to sieve the matcha powder finely before placing it in the bowl.
- Pour around 40 ml hot water (65-75°C / 140-150°F) in the bowl, just enough to cover the Matcha powder.
- Unlike Usucha, Koicha must NOT have a foamy consistency. You must therefore not beat it too vigorously or rapidly. Mix slowly, stirring with the whisk in a clockwise direction. You should obtain a tea with a thick and smooth consistency.
*If your order is received by us before 3 p.m., we will ensure that it is shipped the same day. After this you will receive a Track & Trace code at the specified email address, with which you can see when your package will arrive. In 99% of the cases, the package is delivered the next day in the Netherlands, in some cases we notice that the delivery service brings your package later due to force majeure.